Old July 11th 12, 09:35 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default London Paddington Shenanigans

On Jul 10, 2:53*pm, amogles wrote:
On 10 Jul., 13:07, 77002 wrote:

Brunel turns in his grave. *But given the way Paddington has been
abused, Brunel the younger has turned in his grave for some years.-

I guess the use of that coal-cart gauge is enough for him to turn.

Can it get any worse than that?

And the severe congestion of conflicting passenger flows along
platform 12 is excerbated by the placing of billboards apologising for
the disruption and numerous rainwater drip buckets in the way of
passengers trying to pass along it.

And I'm not sure what they're doing to the vaulted roof above 12
either. It leaks like a sieve and the soak / trip carpets below it
look a real mess - but they have been a permanent feature of
Paddington for years.

And the old arches 1-2-3 still leak when it rains. It is interesting
that the open display of sticky sweets by the Kingdon of Sweets
francise is also situated under one of the old leaky arches, with
pigeons perching directly above the stall. A few weeks ago I saw a
pigeon actually land on the edge of the stall. Kingdon of Sweets and
pigeon sh$t - wonderful welcome to London for HEX pax.

CJB.