Old July 11th 12, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Heathrow queues not getting better in run up to Olympics

On 11/07/2012 16:07, Roland Perry wrote:

"Extra police are to be drafted into Heathrow after passengers who had
been held in long queues tried to push past immigration officers without
having their passports checked.

At Luton airport last weekend I noticed the chap checking my passport
was labelled "MOD Guard Service" on his shoulders, rather than border
service or whatever it is the others were. I half-noticed it and
wondered why it said "mudguard", so read it properly.

(Dear FCC, 20 minutes of being constantly told to always use handrails
on the stairs is 20 minutes too long. At least helping random foreigners
figure out which station was "London" killed some time).

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK