Old July 12th 12, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default TV Alert: Building The London Underground

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 00:47:21 -0700 (PDT)
peter wrote:
Interesting to watch, yes, but had I known nothing about tube
beforehand I would have learned:-

1. There were no underground railways in London before the City and
South London Tube
2. This line was build using cut and cover methods
3. It was steam powered.

Yes, the Paris section was interesting, and new to me, but given the
above I am not sure how complete a picture it is.

Or how much of it was true given the howlers in the parts about LU.

Was the NYC the first to use electric traction (I doubt that) or the first
to use EMUs (which I might believe)?

B2003