Old July 13th 12, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
D A Stocks[_2_] D A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default M4 motorway in west London reopens - BBC News

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

So the question is... have the repairs finished for now,

No.

and will there still be a [very low] weight limit until after the Olympics
(at which point it'll close for yet more repairs).

It's been subject to overnight closures for a few months now and I imagine
that situation will continue until repairs are complete.

Seems consistent with the earlier doubt about the ability to repair it
before next week, followed by the sudden opening,

Hardly "sudden": it was 24 hours later than the original estimate, and I see
no reason to doubt the various press releases. The continuing weight
restriction is a fairly minor inconvenience, although if it means they
decide to slap additional white paint onto the A4 instead of the M4 it could
spoil my journey to work on Monday morning.

--
DAS