Old July 14th 12, 07:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default TV Alert: Building The London Underground

In message , at 11:17:04 on
Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Recliner remarked:

I don't know if this programme is new to UK TV or a repeat, and even
if it is new, whether any of the content will be new to denizens of
this group, but Channel 5 has a documentary entitled "Building The
London Underground" at 8pm this Wednesday. It's described as, "A
fascinating look at the great engineering leaps that built the London
Underground, the biggest metro system in the world." The picture used
is certainly up-to-date:
http://www.channel5.com/shows/big-bi...on-underground

It's not possible to tell from the blurb about this programme but I
have a sneaking suspicion that is actually a Discovery channel show.
It does have some recent footage if it is the programme I think it is.
I'll say no more to avoid spoiling it for others.

Yes, that's what I suspected. Channel 5 doesn't make its own
programmes, and this isn't the sort of thing it's likely to commission
under Desmond's ownership, so a second-hand Discovery programme seems
the likely origin. Anyway, I've not seen it before, so will watch it
and hope for the best.

That's number 3 in a series. Number 6 is about TGVs (others are about
non-rail projects). Is C5 showing he whole series?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big,_Bi...s_3_.282011.29
http://www.windfallfilms.com/show/19...-Series-3.aspx

ps I haven't watched it yet - what is the $26bn expansion, 30 new
stations etc?