Old April 1st 04, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Electric or Hybrid Card or something car, suggestions?

(D.P.Round) wrote in message ...
Theres a simple solution: Nuclear power. Of course thanks to witless "greens"
there won't be anymore built and we'll rely incresingly on fossil fuels now
but it would be the solution (unlike renewables with are unreliable).

You want to live down the road from Chernobyl or Three Mile Island? One
mistake leaving vast tracts of land uninhabitable for tens of thousands
of years? If you could guarantee no mistakes then nuclear is arguably

You mean unlike the burning oilfields in Iraq that have efftively poisoned an
entire dsert area? UNlike all the oiltankers that spill their contents on
beaches etc? And a nuclear accident may leave a small area uninhabitable
but the green house effect from burning fossil fuels is in danger of making
the whole damn planet uninhabitable! Which would you prefer? And as for 3
mile island and chernobyl , they both used old fashioned designs that didn't
account for people cocking things up. If you want a better example look to
france which generates the majority of its power from nuclear. When did they
last have an accident?

good. Factor humans into the equation and it won't get my vote, ever!
Humans are reliably incompetent! I really don't think people as a whole
get the possible *scale* of nuclear accidents.

You're right , they don't, because people like you make it out to be far
worse than it is and given I know someone who used to live not far from
Prypiat (the town near chernobyl) I think I have a rough idea of what I'm
talking about.

And what if Al Quada (sp) drop an airliner on a nuclear plant? That would
make 9/11 look like a minor mishap.

WHy? You think a few tons of jet fuel will make the reactor go critical?
Wow , maybe someone should have told those guys developing the first nuclear
bombs so they could have saved themselves 5 years research. They could have
just chucked some petrol over a lump of uranium and lit it! Aside from that
the reactor vessels and built bloody strong.

HOw about you find out some facts before you spout the pig-ignorant green
party line?

B2003

David