Old July 18th 12, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default New DLR trains

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:52:16 -0500
wrote:
Too much steel/ali combination underneath to cope with the sea spray on
Ryde Pier and not rot through electrolytic corrosion.

I'm sure a bit of judicious anti corrosion paint or galvanisation
would sort that out. Or perhaps put baffles up on ryde pier so
there's less spray.

That won't work on aluminium. I suggest you learn some chemistry and
metallurgy.

Well perhaps I would if I had time to do a 3 year degree in it. Obviously
you're an expert so fill us in on why you can't and how Audi and Jag manage
it with their aluminium bodied cars.

B2003