Old April 1st 04, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.transport.london
D.P.Round D.P.Round is offline

Default Electric or Hybrid Card or something car, suggestions?

WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU ON ABOUT? YOU ARE OLIVER KEATING AND I CLAIM MY FIVE
POUNDS.

Your typical yank engine has 8 cylinders, pushrods and is stifled by a load
of emissions gear. Because of the extra cylinders there are much bigger
frictional losses, and the emissions gear the engine is less efficient. They
will burn more fuel to produce the same amount of energy as a decent 4 or 3
cylinder engine. And an electric car doesn't get any more efficient just
because it's in Europe rather than America.

Facts please not hot air. Find me the efficiency of an European 4 pot
engine and we shall see. The laws of thermodynamics are pretty inflexible.

David

--
****** David Round - EMail Tel (01248) 382416 *****
*****These are my own views, I represent nobody (Well maybe myself)*****