Old July 18th 12, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default New DLR trains

On 18/07/2012 19:44, Paul Scott wrote:
wrote in message

They were designed from the start to keep out water underneath, not an
issue
on the underground which doesn't use salt for de-icing. I don't think
there
is anywhere else on the UK rail network as challenging to the
undersides of
rolling stock as Ryde Pier.

There's little point anyway in debating the whys and wherefores of
Victoria line stock, because SWT have said a couple of times they are
penciled in for '73 stock from the Piccadilly...

I did read that 67 stock was considered but ruled out because there are
no cab side doors?

Paul S

Too much modification required for 67 stock to operate on the Island
Line, perhaps?