Old July 23rd 12, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Campbell Smith[_3_] Peter Campbell Smith[_3_] is offline

Default Simple question, but a puzzle

Clive Page wrote in :

On 15/07/2012 17:10, Ian F. wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Next time the situation arises I'll try buying
a ticket from the last Z6 station and see what happens!

In my very limited experience the ticket staff seem to accept this. But
it seems to me that if the train does not stop at the change-over
station this is technically invalid, whereas a Boundary Zone ticket
would be (as it's zonal). Now that we know that many train companies
are ruthless in prosecuting every single infraction of the rules, that
may be a significant risk.

In my fairly lengthy experience if you are travelling inbound to London and
ask for a single to BZ6, they invariably sell you a single to the first
station inside Z6, regardless of whether the train stops there. In some
cases - Gatwick used to be an example and maybe still is - the price is
slightly higher than the outbound BZ6 to wherever ticket (sorry, coupon).

Peter

--
|| Peter CS ~ Epsom ~ UK | pjcs02 [at] gmail.com |