Old July 26th 12, 10:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Sad bus spotting question

On 26/07/2012 23:51, Martin Rich wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:33:14 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

A convoy of unusual buses in advertising liveries went past our office
the other day - connected with some kind of sports day, I understand.

One of them was an exotic looking vehicle in Lloyds TSB branding. Anyone
know what its background is? It looked more like something from Malta
than London.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenbrandist/7119103369/

provides the answer.

Thank you - as an aside, my only visit to Malta a few years ago was
while these old buses were still in use, and I had wondered quite how
old they were. It was no surprise to read on the flickr page that this
one was from the late 60s - and that determining its exact age was a
slightly complicated matter - but interesting nevertheless. The 'G'
registration would suggest that being declared roadworthy in late 1968
was the key date for allocating its British registration number

Martin

Are those buses no longer operating in revenue service?