Old July 27th 12, 07:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Sad bus spotting question

On 27/07/2012 01:43, wrote:
On 27/07/2012 00:05, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 26/07/2012 23:59,
wrote:

Are those buses no longer operating in revenue service?

They found somewhere with a load of bendybuses going cheap... (no,
really).

It all changed last year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_bus is
probably as good a place as any.

Bit of an atrocity, sending London bendibusses over to Malta to replace
their rather unique fleet.

I remember hearing that some drivers would very elaborately decorate the
interior front of the busses, that is by the front window. Am I correct
in recalling that they actually had competitions for this sort of thing?

They were certainly customised. AIUI the individual buses were owned by
their drivers, rather than a central company, and each one was
personalised. I caught one with "In God we trust" painted over the door.
Not so much a random slogan, more a statement of policy on approaching
junctions.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK