Old July 27th 12, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sad bus spotting question

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:18:41PM +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

It does seem to have captured the imagination given the huge numbers
who have been out to see it. Did a similar thing happen for Beijing
or is this a uniquely British way of presenting it?

The Beijing torch relay was mostly abroad, visiting several countries
including the UK, but I don't think anyone went to see it apart from
pro-Tibet protestors.

This time around, who knows whether huge numbers of people have seen it.
I doubt it's all that many really when you consider that it's meant to
pass near 95% of the population.

You are so cynical. And by "cynical", of course, I mean "correct".
-- Kurt Starsinic