Old July 27th 12, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Let the Games Begin...

An obvious title of course, and one open to all sorts of comedic
reinterpretation I guess, but perhaps I can get away with it as it's the
title of an open letter from Transport Commissioner Peter Hendy, which
can be read on the Get Ahead Of The Games (GAOTG) website he
http://www.getaheadofthegames.com/news/1359.html

I imagine many on here will have already had a look at the GAOTG site,
but nonetheless it's worth a mention - I think it does a pretty good job
of conveying a complicated message w.r.t. the predicted and ever
changing transport scenarios during Games time, and the message will
continue to evolve as the Games takes place.

One particularly useful feature of the GAOTG site is their Daily
Bulletins he
http://www.getaheadofthegames.com/bulletins/default.html

Click on the particular day (the hyperlink in magenta) to get a summary
of what's happening on that day, and its effects on...
* public transport in London
* the road network in London
* and also areas outside of London.

There are also more detailed PDF bulletins covering the those three topics.

At the moment TfL seem to be particularly pushing the West Ham option
for travelling to the Olympic Park, which I'd say was a good idea too -
around a 15/20 minute walk from West Ham along the snazzed-up Greenway
path to the Olympic Park's Greenway Gate.

All in all a big challenge to London's transport network - fingers
crossed it all works out ok... (though I'm sure there are those who'd
rather be sticking their fingers up instead!)

(Tech issue prevented me posting this earlier, so I'm posting it now, 2
hours and 12 minutes before the opening ceremony... yes, twenty hours
seem to have gone missing - hope Omega's timekeeping is better than mine!)