Old July 29th 12, 08:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Let the Games Begin...

Roland Perry wrote:

What happened to the late night trains from London (eg the last extra
train to Derby from St Pancras is at 00:30), did people miss them and
have to sleep at the station?

No idea about the MML, but LM and VT delayed their last trains and ran some
extras to sweep up the crowds. I assume fine structures for delayed trains
must have been changed for this purpose else I doubt that would have
happened.

Not that it would have been sensible to plan on using those services
after a late evening event anyway.

Given that that is their explicit purpose that seems a silly statement,
though as with taking any last train or bus there is always a small risk of
getting stuck.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.