Old July 30th 12, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cycles on the Underground during the Olympics

I'm used to taking my non-folding bike via the H&C/Circle and Wimbleware
lines between King's Cross and East Putney. When I returned to Cambridge
with it last Thursday I was told at East Putney that bikes would be banned
on the tube from the next day, last Friday.

I tried looking up the actual restrictions on the TfL and Getaheadofthegames
web sites just now and can't find anything other than the standard map
showing non-folding bikes restricted to surface lines.

So does anyone here know what the actual position is and how is one supposed
to find it out?

I noticed the Wimbleware was insanely busy for a Sunday yesterday. I can't
remember a Wimbledon train departing Edgware Road almost full even on a
weekday. It then completely filled up at Paddington. Luckily I didn't have a
bike with me on Sunday, just the entirely family.

--
Colin Rosenstiel