Old August 5th 12, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default London Blunderground triumphs during the Olympics

You'd think there were no other bloody shops in East London the way
people keep bringing up the "Westfield was closed" argument as some
example of armageddon.

1. The nearest other Waitrose is Canary Wharf which is a bit of a bloody
pain to get to compared with Westfield for a lot of us locals. For a
decent size M&S it's Oxford Street: no better with all that extra
traffic on the Overground.

2. My complaint was less that they closed it and more that (i) they did
so with less than 24 hours notice and (ii) then claimed it was part of
their plans all along. In other words they are either liars or
continuing the practice perciewved from TfL and LOCOG for a long time
now: tell the locals as little as possible as late as possible so they
don't have time to complain ('cos we'll ignore their complaints in any
event so we can only win).

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid