Old August 5th 12, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default London Blunderground triumphs during the Olympics

wrote on 05 August 2012
20:23:29 ...
On 05/08/2012 13:20, Robin9 wrote:
martin_petrov;132158 Wrote:
On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 08:37:41 +0000, boltar2003 wrote:
-
So the eastern end of the central line has been shut down twice now
during the Olympics for the usual pathetic excuses. Can Blunderground
go
for the hat-trick and win Olympic gold in the synchronised team
incompetance?-

I guess you've been saving "London Blunderground" up for this - you must
be gutted that all you've got is a couple of minor incidents that really
had zero impact on people getting to the games?

Zero impact? TfL were advising passengers to avoid both the Jubilee and
Central Lines and instead to go by District Line to West Ham . . . and
to walk from there to the Olympic Park! Do you know how far that is? Do
you know how many elderly people were obliged to make that expedition?
Westfield Shopping Centre was closed to non Olympic people. A new,
major shopping precinct closed! Zero impact!

When was Westfield closed? I was there on Sunday and two weeks ago, and
I had not noticed any closures. Indeed, I saw very little delay in even
getting across the bridge to get to either Westfield of to the Olympic park.

It was not closed. It was open only to Olympics visitors on Friday and
Saturday 3/4 Aug. And despite all the anti-TfL ranting in this thread,
this was not in any way caused by TfL.
--
Richard J.