Old August 5th 12, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default London Blunderground triumphs during the Olympics

Peter Smyth wrote on 05 August 2012 22:16:26 ...
"Richard J." wrote in message ...
When was Westfield closed? I was there on Sunday and two weeks ago, and
I had not noticed any closures. Indeed, I saw very little delay in even
getting across the bridge to get to either Westfield of to the Olympic
park.

It was not closed. It was open only to Olympics visitors on Friday and
Saturday 3/4 Aug. And despite all the anti-TfL ranting in this thread,
this was not in any way caused by TfL.

I was there on Saturday lunchtime and it appeared anyone could enter freely.
Seems to have been an attempt by TfL to scare people away rather than a
genuine closure.

Oh, for heaven's sake! TfL do not run Westfield Stratford City. The
restricted opening was decided upon by LOCOG and Westfield, and
announced on both their websites. The press and TfL relayed the message.

If the restrictions were relaxed by lunchtime, I guess that was done
after reviewing traffic levels, as has also happened tactically with
Games Lanes.
--
Richard J.