Old August 6th 12, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default London Blunderground triumphs during the Olympics

I thought all the arrangements for road closures had been trailed for
months.

If only. We had a letter on 8 July about a nearby "vehicle permit
checkpoint". I emailed ' on 14 July as
it was not clear if its references to residents covered us and if so if
our temporary Olympic parking permits sufficed. I had a reply on 19
July telling us that access was for taxis, PHVs and games vehicles only
(plus I think the residents on the travellers site on Hackney Marshes).
So we had in effect less than a week's notice of the closure. I suspect
it was a very late decision because the letter said we could find out
more at getaheadofthegames.com but the control point wasn't even shown
on the map there until I pointed out its omission.

The closure (to the public) was probably the only practicable thing to
do following the re-phasing of the traffic lights at the Lea
Interchange. But the communication was about as opaque
as they could make it; and there was of course no hint of an apology for
the late notice, any inconvenience caused etc.

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid