Old August 12th 12, 05:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Didn't it all go rather well?

"Chris Read" wrote in message

The transport arrangements specifically (more below) but generally it
was superb, wasn't it?

I agree.

We did get exceptionally lucky with the weather though.

The one blot was the awful "empty seats". The IOC need to sort this out
(IMHO National Associations should "use them or lose them", in following
games, as "on the day" is impractical), but with a (what I suspect is an
increasing) trend to award major events to developing countries that are
difficult for long distance tourists to attend we are going to see stadia
filled by giving tickets away (Beijing style) than from genuine local
demand.

tim