Old August 12th 12, 07:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Adrian[_4_] Adrian[_4_] is offline

Default Didn't it all go rather well?

Turning to transport, this appears to have been impeccably executed.
Rather ignoring general guidance I continued with my daily commute up
from East Coastway to zone 1, and loadings were fairly typical for the
school holidays but with Olympic-going family groups replacing civil
servants and others working from home. The volunteers (and transport
employees) manning every station and almost every significant road
junction did a great job, and the atmosphere was like nothing we have
seen before or are likely to see again, regrettably.

I saw a picture taken by an old mate at Kings Cross tube station (not
sure which line), he said at 0800 on the first Monday morning, and the
platform was empty.

I had 12 days in Weymouth, and so far as I could tell the transport down
there was fine (others have commented on the rail service). Fleets of
buses were available for moving people around, if anything it was
overkill, but imagine the screams had it been the other way around.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops