Old August 13th 12, 05:24 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Seemingly it did go well. I avoided the whole thing like the plague
and so I am going by what is being declared on the radio by various
commentators who have forgotten the difference between a journalist
and a cheer leader.

As an arch sceptic I am relieved and slightly surprised. I thought
the transport system would not be able to cope. There seems
little doubt that fewer people came than expected and this must
have helped matters. The downside which no-one is mentioning
is that as fewer people came, the financial loss will be even bigger
than feared.

Last edited by Robin9 : August 13th 12 at 03:25 PM