Old August 13th 12, 08:58 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Didn't it all go rather well?

"tony sayer" wrote in message ...

In article , Roland Perry
scribeth thus
In message , at 18:32:48 on Sun, 12 Aug
2012, tim..... remarked:

The one blot was the awful "empty seats".

There were lots of empty seats visible towards the end of the Closing
Ceremony. Was that people leaving to catch the last train home, or was
it like that all the way through?

For various reasons I wasn't able to see the end on TV but it would
indeed be very surprising if there were deliberate empty seats.

Apart from the tiny percentage of people who, for whatever reason [1], can't
make it on the day having bought a ticket.

The main reason for the empty seats is that a large percentage are given
away free to sponsors and national (as in "other nations") Olympic and
sports organisations. Of course, if you are offered a free seat you don't
think too hard about how you might use it, so you say yes even if you do
have no real use for it.

Like I said in my first post. These people should be told "once having
taken it, you use it or you done get offered it again" (for all future
games).

tim

[1] the like stupid pillock who drove 200 miles to opening ceremony to find
that they had left their tickets at home - ouch