Old August 13th 12, 12:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Stephen Furley Stephen Furley is offline

Default Didn't it all go rather well?

On Aug 13, 10:43*am, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:26:41 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 18:32:48 on Sun, 12 Aug
2012, tim..... remarked:

The one blot was the awful "empty seats".

There were lots of empty seats visible towards the end of the Closing
Ceremony. Was that people leaving to catch the last train home, or was
it like that all the way through?

Given the BBC were assuming it would be finished by 2315 and it
actually finished about midnight I am not entirely surprised some
people were nervous about last trains given ti was Sunday service.
There was a TfL Travel Alert to advise Tube, DLR and Overground
services would run later with times of last departures. I didn't see
an equivalent notice from National Rail.
--
Paul C

I caught the last 45 minutes or so on the BBC website; it was just
about 00:20 when coverage closed but I think events in the stadium may
have finished a minute or two earlier.