Old August 13th 12, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Didn't it all go rather well?

In message , at 21:50:31 on
Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Recliner remarked:
The TV pictures towards the end showed about a quarter of the seats
empty. Which is why I'm more inclined to think it's people leaving
early to catch a train, rather than never having turned up at all.

One of the aerial shots before the end showed crowds moving outside the
stadium, tending to confirm that.

It also looked to me like many of the athletes had departed as well.
Although they were 'kettled' in their respective flag segments by the
lightbulb bowler volunteers, I assume they were allowed to slip out
when there wasn't any traffic on the 'road'.

Was the "road" a pastiche of the M25, or just a co-incidence?