Old August 17th 12, 09:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Underground Maps Unravelled

Basil Jet wrote on 15 August 2012
15:42:03 ...
Maxwell J Roberts, formerly of this parish, has a new-ish book out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Underground-...pr_product_top

I've only seen the cover in the window of the LT Museum, so can't comment.

If you scroll down to near the bottom of that Amazon web page, there's a
long and enthusiastic review by Douglas Rose of this book, which is, he
says, "not a book about Underground maps - the real messages are far
wider. The sub-title of the book `Explorations in Information Design' is
what it is really about."

Sounds interesting, but £45 is a bit steep.
--
Richard J.