Old August 19th 12, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Subway folk get an FCC waiver...

On 19/08/2012 17:36, wrote:
There was on Youtube a video that showed a breakdown on the Glasgow
Subway, before the 1977-1980 refurbishment, which I wanted to post here.
Alas, however, I believe that it was removed over copyright issues.

Anyway, the train operator in that video had to contact the next station
with the handset as the Glasgow Subway apparently did not have radios then.

It was also a brilliant video in that it showed the rolling stock that
preceded the ones that are now in revenue service.

Can anybody say what the current rolling stock is called or what its
model number is, BTW? What about the preceding ones?

Unless it's changed recently the power cars were built by Metro-Cammell
and the trailers by Hunslet-Barclay. There's also 3 Clayton battery
locos. Don't know if they actually run to model or class numbers.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail