Old August 20th 12, 08:57 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London
Default London Overground Extension To Clapham Junction

When the London Overground extension to Clapham Junction opens -
currently estimated for December 2012 - what service frequency will be
provided? TfL's website declares that there will be four trains per hour
between Highbury And Islington and Clapham Junction, and goes on to
suggest that passengers should change at Surrey Quays for trains to
Crystal Palace or West Croydon. There is no mention of New Cross.
Does this indicate that trains will no longer run to New Cross?

The extension project is, typically for TfL, running late. Services were
originally due to start this summer. The website asserts that the
line is now operational and driver training is underway. Does it
really take several months to teach drivers how to drive a modern
train and to familiarise drivers with a short rail route?

There is also mention of a new station at Surrey Canal Road.
I'm not sure there is any need for a station there. I hope it will
not be like Haggerston and Hoxton, catering for noticeably fewer
passengers than other stations. The website admits that funding has
been granted and says that work will start in 2013 but will not be
completed until 2015! It takes 18 months or more to build one small
station?