Old August 20th 12, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
PhilD PhilD is offline

Default Underground Maps Unravelled

On Aug 20, 11:22*am, wrote:
I'm not buying a smartphone just to read a map. Navigating a metro system
is hardly rocket science. A map on a wall is all anyone needs unless they're
terminally stupid and need to be spoon fed even the simplest information.

Boltar

I don't always agree with your sentiments, but in this case I think
you are right. Relatively speaking, it is cheap and easy for maps to
be posted up on the walls in various strategic places (platforms, for
example), where a quick glance "I need to go down there a bit, then
over there a bit" tells the traveller enough.

By all means have a technological solution *as well*, but not
*instead*.

PhilD