Old August 21st 12, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Underground Maps Unravelled

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:40:50 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 08:36:50AM +0000, d wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
As we approach the point where everyone has a smart-phone, we might

Who is "everyone"? I don't, most of my family don't, a lot of my friends
don't. Don't confuse teenagers and hipsters with "everyone".

The key word "approach" should have told you that we're not there yet.

And what makes you think we will get there? Just because smartphones are
the techno fashion du jour at the moment doesn't mean they will be in
10 years time. Something else will probably have come along by then to part
the drooling sheeple from their money.

And this is obviously for values of "everyone" which deliberately
doesn't consider the vanishingly small population of digital refuseniks,

You seem to be implying that not buying a smartphone is some kind of social
or political statement rather than the simple fact that some of us simply
don't need or want one and therefor don't see any reason to buy one. I don't
have a home surround sound system or the latest core i7 PC for the same
reason - does that also make me a "refusenik" in your eyes?

who will be economically and socially irrelevant just like those who

If you need to have a smartphone to be socially relevant then there's
something seriously wrong with your social life and probably social skills.
Though I imagine for anyone who suffers from aspergers or similar problems
they're a godsend.

B2003