Old August 22nd 12, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Underground Maps Unravelled

On 21/08/2012 10:18, Neil Williams wrote:
wrote:

Is there a metro system in the world that isn't turn up and go?

Merseyrail on a Sunday. The S Bahn Stuttgart.

You might have had a fair wait at Shoreditch if you weren't careful.

I'm pretty certain events-only stations exist at places like sports
stadia. I think Ulm has a tram branch to a conference centre. Depending
what counts as a metro, I think there are S-bahn branded rail services
which are hourly, perhaps even every 2 h, which might catch out someone
who is used to a Berlin-style operation. Southern "metro" services to
Epsom Downs are hourly, although I'm not sure I have ever heard anyone
outside Southern use the term.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK