Old April 1st 04, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default ON Network - any better?

On 01 Apr 2004 14:04:26 GMT, (Mait001) wrote:

With respect, what was shown was what was timetabled, not what actually ran!

I am not suggesting trains timetabled to stop and Wandworth Town run through
without stopping, but I am suggesting (from bitter experience - otherwise why
would I be sayng it?) that I have often been at Waterloo around 7.15 to
7.30p.m and waited for over half an hour either without seeing a single train
on the boards for Wandsworth Town, or a train listed without a platform number
but then, without any announcement or anything, it just disappears from the
board.

Ah - I'm not saying it never happens either :-) I sometimes have to
wait over half an hour for my train (and even then it still runs
slowly).

I'm not saying it happens every day, but sufficiently often to have made me
change my route permanently.

If you have found an alternative then fine. Unfortunately my
alternative route is only worth it as a last resort.

Sorry if you disagree, but that's my experience.

I don't disagree that is sometimes happens. I was saying that, IME,
generally it doesn't. Obviously I'm not specifically looking out for
Wandsworth Town trains - I just know that my trains stop there (and
everywhere else! :-( ) and the ones going the other way round the
Hounslow loop do as well.