Old August 23rd 12, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Underground Maps Unravelled

On 22/08/2012 18:42, Bruce wrote:
Jarle H Knudsen wrote:

On 22 Aug 2012 11:15:55 GMT, Neil Williams wrote:

wrote:

If you use smartphones a lot the battery can go within a day which isn't much
use if you're spending the day away from the hotel.

I charge mine every night, but it rarely if ever needs more.

I need about two and half charges a day on my Samsung Galaxy S II, so I
carry extra batteries and have a separate battery charger. Problem solved.

I found my HTC smartphone needed more than one charge a day so I
bought an aftermarket battery with 50% more capacity which, although
slightly bigger, still just fits in the battery compartment. It gave
the phone the extra time needed so I only charged it once a day.

But what made the biggest difference was upgrading the Google OS to
4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Power management is much better and I can get
two days out of one charge as long as I avoid a couple of apps that
are particularly power hungry.

I have an iPhone 4S, and I find that I need to charge it only once every
24 hours, even with heavy usage. If I leave it alone for a bit, then I
could probably even go as long as 36 hours without charging.