Old April 1st 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
zerling zerling is offline

Default Kew Bridge bus lane

I was thinking of sending this using the TfL on-line feedback form.
Comments anyone?

***************
Kew Bridge bus lane

This restricted bus lane was recently opened to all traffic. However I
think the restriction should be reapplied for the following reasons:

There is no improvement to traffic flow that I can see. I use Kew Bridge
every weekday in the peak traffic hours, and the two northbound lanes are
both jammed solid at these times.

Buses are now delayed.

More traffic which is actually going to Chiswick is keeping to the left
lane; then forking right at the lights after the bridge and squeezing into
their proper lane later. This is now common and obviously upsetting more
law-abiding drivers, whereas it was rare before.

Cyclists travelling towards Chiswick are now vulnerable if they try to join
the traffic at the northern end of the bridge, as they have to cross the
traffic flow at this point.

There is now the hazard of flower/newspaper sellers at the northern end of
the bridge, which I do not remember previously.