Old August 30th 12, 05:09 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
News News is offline

Default Why did the Metropolitan Railway go to Verney Junction?

Optimist wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:54:33 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 14:07:09 on Thu, 30 Aug
2012, News remarked:
With only about 7.5% of the land settled,
7.5%? Where did you get that figure from?
I'd like to know that as well. Seems a bit high to me.

Do farms not count as settled?
In this context, only the part with the farmhouse on it.
Why? Settled land means that thats lived on. That doesn't just
mean the house it means all land under the same deeds. Otherwise
you can't count gardens as settled land either.

As I wrote, then only 2.5 % of the UK is under masonry.

So it's 2.5% under a house or concrete, and 5% in people's gardens?

Those who think that fields can just be built on ad lib should ask
themselves where the food is to come from.

Read my post on this. All there.