Old August 30th 12, 10:23 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default Why did the Metropolitan Railway go to Verney Junction?

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:58:20 +0100, "News"

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 14:07:09 +0100
"News" wrote:
d wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:00:59 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:37:59 on Thu, 30
Aug 2012,
d remarked:

With only about 7.5% of the land settled,

7.5%? Where did you get that figure from?

I'd like to know that as well. Seems a bit high to me.

Do farms not count as settled?

In this context, only the part with the farmhouse on it.

Why? Settled land means that thats lived on. That doesn't just mean
the house it means all land under the same deeds. Otherwise you
can't count gardens
as settled land either.

As I wrote, then only 2.5 % of the UK is under masonry.

Its not how much is physically buried under concrete that matters -
its how much is used. And there is VERY little land in the UK that
isn't used.

Read what I write you fool! This one is a total idiot. It bad enough with
the senile ones.

God, the little toley is getting boring.
*plonk*