Old August 31st 12, 06:41 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Martin Edwards[_2_] Martin Edwards[_2_] is offline

Default Why did the Metropolitan Railway go to Verney Junction?

On 30/08/2012 10:40, News wrote:
d wrote:

If the previous government hadn't deliberaly flung the doors open to
mass immigration we wouldn't now be having to cope with housing an
extra 2 million people. If there was any justice in the world Tony
Blair would be forced to rent out the rooms in his mansions.

Or scrap the Stalinist Town & Country Planning act. Thatcher reinforced
this act. Why? To keep house price high to appeal to owner/occupiers to
gain votes, while the country as whole suffered. The state of the
nation was throw out of the window.

The knock-on was that debt after debt was poured into land which
resulted in the Credit Crunch - a collapse.

Thatcher was a fan of Uncle Joe? I don't think so.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman