Old September 13th 12, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

On Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:05:42 PM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
Just noticed this on the TfL website https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/bus...d/consult_view Reason given is that very few (approx 1%) of bus journeys involve a cash fare. Have to say that my experience of these machines is that they cause confusion for tourists, and often delays as the driver waits for someone to get off the bus, fiddle around and buy a ticket, and then get back on. Most regular travellers will have a travelcard or Oyster PAYG, as will some visitors, but there will always be a need for some people to pay by cash.

The link I have posted explicitly states that people will be able to continue paying by cash.