Old September 13th 12, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:57:28 +0100
"Graham Harrison" wrote:
a few trains where the driver collects the fare.

Which country is this? I've travelled a bit and I've seen tram drivers
collect fairs but never a train driver.

B2003

Most recently, Japan.

Does he walk down the train or do you just board through the front door?
I presume this is some local service and not the bullet train!

B2003

It was a single car (bit like a 153 in the UK or RDC in the USA but probably
lighter than either). Board at the front and pay. On a "level 3" (JR
being 1 and the major independents like Kintetsu 2) railway in the Aso
caldera on Kyushu (picture here http://goo.gl/maps/hyx4b ). I've seen it
somewhere in Europe but I can't remember where. It may have been Denmark