Old September 14th 12, 11:21 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
77002 77002 is offline

Default Metropolitan Extending East.

On Sep 14, 12:06*am, "Jack Taylor" wrote:
"allantracy" *wrote in message

He also informed me of something I had not realised, namely, that
there are no longer any day time fast trains on the Met to Amersham
(or Chesham), only during the peaks and, even then, small in number.

And only inbound in the morning peak and outbound in the evening peak.

Eventually TfL should withdraw services north of Moor Park. They are
clearly clueless with regard to the needs of suburban passengers.

Ideally the Chiltern Route to Aylesbury should be electrified at
25kV. Chiltern would take over all Metropolitan services north of
Moor Park.

In the longer term Chiltern's Aylesbury route should be extended to
Milton Keynes thru Granborough Rd, and Birmingham Snow Hill thru
Verney Junction and Banbury. That might take a tad more vision than
currently found in Westminster and Whitehall.