Old September 14th 12, 04:16 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Metropolitan Extending East.

On 14/09/2012 14:25, 77002 wrote:
On Sep 14, 2:08 pm, wrote:
On Sep 14, 1:20 pm, wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:11:19 +0100, "Peter Masson"

wrote:

"77002" wrote

Eventually TfL should withdraw services north of Moor Park. They are
clearly clueless with regard to the needs of suburban passengers.

Ideally the Chiltern Route to Aylesbury should be electrified at
25kV. Chiltern would take over all Metropolitan services north of
Moor Park.

One of the early iterations of Crossrail involved a branch from Old Oak
Common, joining the M&SWJ

Living where I do the initials M&SWJ are more normally associated with
the long lost route of a company between Cheltenham and Andover,what
did they stand for in this reference?

Both railways where named the "Midland and South Western Junction".
They were never both corporate entities at the same time. The one in
north west London had been absorbed into the time your M&SWJ was
completed.

Let me try again: "The one in north west London had been absorbed into
the Midland by the time your M&SWJ was completed".

I thought for a minute Dr Who had been let loose on the railways :-)

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail