Old September 14th 12, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Metropolitan Extending East.

On 14/09/2012 00:06, Jack Taylor wrote:
"allantracy" wrote in message

He also informed me of something I had not realised, namely, that
there are no longer any day time fast trains on the Met to Amersham
(or Chesham), only during the peaks and, even then, small in number.

And only inbound in the morning peak and outbound in the evening peak.

I have also noticed this. Why have they done this?

It reminds me of the A service on the New York City Subway in the late
'80s.

A trains to and from Queens would run on the fast track in Brooklyn at
almost all times. Then, at one point, they decided to run all A trains
on local tracks, with fast trains only running at peak hours.

They switched it back to the previous operation at some time later,
though I don't know when.

Perhaps they will also happen with the Metropolitan Line -- sooner than
later.