Old April 1st 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
John Laird John Laird is offline

Default Green Party lunacy

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:35:41 +0100, "Nick Finnigan" wrote:

"MeatballTurbo" wrote in message
et...

TBH, I'm not sure of any car with a reasonable sized engine that has
peak torque at 5krpm.

peak BHP on a normal family car with a petrol engine is normally arround
the 5-6krpm unless it is a VTEC/VVTi variable timing type engine in
which case it is higher.

The 2.0 Vtecs seem to have peak power and torque at
normal revs, and the Type S and S2000 are higher.

Same technology, widely different implementations for different design
goals. The S2000 is something outrageous like 220bhp, normally aspirated...
I think these and the Type S engines are the ones supposedly hand-built by
just two guys in Japan.

--
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone else have your way.

Mail john rather than nospam...