Old September 17th 12, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
news
In message , at 20:02:59 on Sun, 16 Sep 2012,
Phil remarked:
through her purse looking for an Oystercard, and then starts yelling
at
the driver when he says that he needs to drive off.

It's amazing how many people stand at the bus stop for 5 minutes and
only remember that they have to pay just as they board the bus.

Probably the same idiots who get to the supermarket checkout and only
then
start excavating their handbags for their purse.

Or get a statement out of a cash machine and stand there reading it,
oblivious that they are preventing those behind her using the machine.

At the supermarket self-checkout yesterday I observed someone paying in
coins, one at a time, looking at the display in between each one to see
how much more was required. She was putting in over a fiver in small
coins! Even if you over-pay, they return the balance to you as change.

I've put money in the self checkout and not had it register before now, on
one occasion I was certain and when I complained it was found hiding on a
little ledge inside the machine, on another occasion I was only 99% certain
so I didn't complain and lost the 10p!

I now make sure that each coin registers before I put in the next (it's not
always a 10p!)

tim