Old September 17th 12, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

wrote:

I can see you've never handled a buggy with a pre-walking child. Leaving it
on the pavement while buying a ticket from the driver is the last thing most
parents would do.

When did I say anything about leaving it on the pavement? My assumption
would be that they would board at the centre door, stow it, wait for the
doors to close and then move forward in the bus to pay the driver. Or if
they have Oyster, have a reader there so no need.

It can also often be very efficient to give people in that position free or
unchecked travel.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.