Old September 17th 12, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

In article

, (Neil Williams) wrote:

wrote:

I can see you've never handled a buggy with a pre-walking child.
Leaving it on the pavement while buying a ticket from the driver is
the last thing most parents would do.

When did I say anything about leaving it on the pavement? My assumption
would be that they would board at the centre door, stow it, wait for the
doors to close and then move forward in the bus to pay the driver. Or if
they have Oyster, have a reader there so no need.

It can also often be very efficient to give people in that position free
or unchecked travel.

Right. The buses round here don't have centre doors. And many parents would
leave a child out of their sight, even in the middle of a bus.

--
Colin Rosenstiel