Old September 17th 12, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

On 17/09/2012 19:10, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 17/09/2012 18:05, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:46:37 on Mon, 17
Sep 2012, Tim Roll-Pickering remarked:

At all of Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons I've regularly placed my own
backpack in the bagging area. Once the supervisor flicks a switch it's
perfectly okay to load up the bag directly without having to verify
every
single item. Maybe some other supermarkets use less flexible equipment?

The first question Tesco ask you is "Have you brought your own bag", at
which point you can put it on the bagging area and it re-calibrates the
weighing scales.

The machines at my local Sainsbury's don't seem to get on with rucksacks
whenever I've tried that. They can cope with normal cloth shopping bags
of the sort I seem to acquire at conferences.

Perhaps because a rucksack might not properly distribute the weight when
placed on the sensor, whereas it's easier with a cloth shopping bag?