Old September 17th 12, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

Martin Smith wrote
On 17/09/2012 15:17, wrote:

Or use another supermarket. It seems only to be Sainsbury's that

have
perpetual "unexpected item in bagging area" messages.

No, I have heard that little message quite frequently in our local

Tesco
Metro.

That message is triggered by a lot of things.

The scanner can bleep without actually registering and so "unexpected
item in bagging area".

In Tesco it's been known to take seconds to make up its silly mind and
then bleeps so it may be the same response time problem with the bleep
set to different stages.

--
Mike D