Old September 17th 12, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote

Well if you have a rucksack you have to do that or else call the

helper
for everyother item as it does not register as the sensor does not
really hold a rucksack.

At all of Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons I've regularly placed my own

backpack in the bagging area. Once the supervisor flicks a switch

it's
perfectly okay to load up the bag directly without having to verify

every
single item. Maybe some other supermarkets use less flexible

equipment?

I tried it several times with a ordinary reusable bag but never got it
to work and gave up - there is no indication that supervisory action is
needed.

Same with "Press to begin or swipe card" - do you have to press AND
swipe ?

--
Mike D